Providing Skilled Advocacy Throughout Your Legal Matter
In real estate and business matters, it doesn’t take long for complications to turn a straightforward legal concern into a complex and costly problem. These issues, whether they are tied to your personal or commercial interests, can be expensive to address alone. Having a skilled legal advocate on your side can help you resolve your concerns so that you can turn your attention to the things that you value.
I am attorney John Calvin, founder of the Calvin Law Center in West Bloomfield. For over 10 years, I have helped individuals, families, and business owners defend their interests in transactions or disputes. Whether you need assistance with a real estate closing, a business conflict, or another related concern, you can depend on me to protect your rights and your bottom line.
My Legal Services
As your advocate, I will guide you through Michigan’s legal process, seeking out the most efficient course of action. Unlike other area lawyers, I recognize that your money and your time are both valuable resources. Before we tackle your legal problems, I will give you an honest assessment of your options so that you understand the benefit and cost of the strategy that you choose to pursue.
Individuals and business owners know that they can rely on me to provide high-quality representation in the following areas.
Real Estate Concerns
I have helped buyers, sellers, tenants, and property owners streamline complex real estate transactions and resolve conflicts tied to housing discrimination, disputes with community associations, and other types of real estate disputes. I represent clients struggling with:
- Real estate sales and purchases
- Quiet title litigation
- Residential and commercial landlord-tenant disputes
- Housing discrimination claims under the Fair Housing Act, Michigan Persons with Disabilities Civil Rights Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Disputes with their condominium or homeowners associations regarding assessments, repair concerns, conflicts of interest, interpretations of rules or covenants, or critical other matters
Business Contracts And Disputes
I help business owners operating in a variety of industries with contract and litigation matters that include:
- Drafting and review of contracts with vendors, suppliers, contractors, employees, shareholders, and other parties
- Negotiating purchase and sales agreements
- Breach of contract disputes
Representation For Building Contractors
I advise building contractors of their obligations and their options before they enter an agreement, during the building process, and after their project has concluded. As a contract lawyer and experienced litigator, I know how to address issues related to:
- Bids and contracts with clients, sub-contractors, and other parties
- Construction claims or disputes over delays or other concerns
- Construction defects regarding the quality of materials used, on-site inspections, property damage, and other issues
- Mechanic’s liens
These are just a few of the offerings that I am qualified to provide. I invite you to contact my office to learn more about other legal problems that I can help you resolve.